8 - Creating a calculator from a spreadsheet file (PRO)
This module will help you in creating product’s price calculator by loading and using the calculation spreadsheet. The calculator uses the same formula described in the spreadsheet to calculate prices for products (with dynamic measurements).
The process contains two major steps.
- Creating WooCommerce Product
- Creating WooPrice Calculator (from spreadsheet)
Creating WooCommerce Product
First of all, you need to create your WooCommerce Product:
- Click on "Products > Add New" on the left Wordpress sidebar
- Insert the name of the Product and set the product mode as "Simple Product": The plugin will override the WooCommerce simple product features.
- Set a price in "Regular Price". Also putting "0" is fine. This is important otherwise, WPC can't attach its features to the product page.
- Save the product by clicking on "Publish"
After you've created the WooCommerce Product and after you've created your customer input/output fields (See How to create fields) you are now ready to create the calculator.
Creating WooPrice Calculator
To create the calculator, go in the "Calculator" tab and click on "Upload your worksheet":
- Find the calculation sheet using the "Browse" function, select it and click on "Upload"
- Choose the desired sheet from the list and click on "Next"
- From this screen(shown below) the cells in the sheet can be mapped to the ones in the calculator. The Input fields must be set, meaning the fields that will be used by the visitors to insert the data, along with the Output cells that holds the formulas which will show the output values. Anyway, you're required to map the Price field because it's the default field. If the output spreadsheet cell contains a numeric value, a formatted numeric value will be displayed to the visitor (by following the rules of the field). If the output spreadsheet cell contains a string value, a text will be displayed to the visitor.
Once all the fields have been mapped, click on "Next".
You can set a Base Price cell as well. AWS Price Calculator will write this base price as WooCommerce Product Regular Price..
- The required information for the calculator will be displayed:
- * Name: This value is only needed to remember what the calculator is for, and to find it in the list of calculators
- Description: A more detailed description of what the calculator does
- Input fields: Show or hide the input fields you want. To show move the item to right. To hide, move the item to left. You can drag&drop the fields on the right to change fields' order.
- Output fields: Show or hide the output fields you want. To show move to the right, to hide move the item to the left. You can drag&drop the fields on the right to change fields order.
- Overwrite WooCommerce Weight: You can overwrite the default weight of WooCommerce by setting an output field. In this way, the weight will be calculated by using the spreadsheet formula.
- Products: The products that the calculator must be linked to; you can assign the calculator to whole categories.
- Redirect to checkout if "Add to cart" is clicked: The visitor will be redirected to the checkout after adding the product to the cart if “Yes”. The visitor will not be redirected and will continue shopping if “No”.
- Empty cart: If "Yes" it empties the cart when a product has been added to the cart. It's useful for services.
- Themes: The theme used to see the calculator
To modify the mapping of the calculator, click on "Edit Mapping" in the calculator list. To edit the other information click on "Edit".
Price format and price approximation are made by WooCommerce (See WooCommerce > Settings > General tab)