Total : 0.00 €

Before contacting us, please make sure to check our F.A.Q

Please, login or register to our website in order to be able to post a presale question in the forum.

× WooPrice Calculator PRO

Batch processing of images data

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #1930 by Jim Rendant
Jim Rendant replied the topic: Batch processing of images data
Unfortunately your product will not work form at this time. How do I go about getting a refund?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #1929 by Paul
Paul replied the topic: Batch processing of images data
Hello

That's correct. Anyway if you will need the same excel for more products, you can associate the same calculator to a category of products also.

Let me know if you have more questions about this.

Best Regards
Paul
AT889

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #1926 by Jim Rendant
My images are my product. I sell fine art images. So if I understand you correctly each image (product) would needs it's own calculator correct?

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #1924 by Paul
Hello

I'll answer your questions:
  • So I put those values into Excel and they are not seen but can I use them in my calculations?
  • Yes, that's true.
  • does it mean that I need to create a spreadsheet (calculator) for each image?
  • You need a calculator for each product. I guess your product needs only a image, right?
  • Can those rules be automatically populated with the preloaded / mapped values?
  • I don't think so.
Would you have some examples of you want to get? Some form examples?
I still don't properly get the issue then.

Best Regards
Paul
AT889

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #1922 by Jim Rendant
So I put those values into Excel and they are not seen but can I use them in my calculations? Each image can be different depending on how it is cropped, camera used and panoramic qualities. With that said, does it mean that I need to create a spreadsheet (calculator) for each image?
Some of the values I would preload, would be visable to the end user such as the minimum/maximum sizes and those numbers would be used for the min/max validation rule. Can those rules be automatically populated with the preloaded / mapped values?

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #1921 by Paul
Hello

Ah okay. Well, you put those values directly in the excel and don't map them. So it won't be visible to your users.
In regards to the warning you can set the MIN and MAX values in your fields: altoswebsolutions.com/manual/woo-price-c...how-to-create-fields and look at the Numeric type.

If you need more complex validation, look at here: altoswebsolutions.com/manual/woo-price-c...ced-validation-rules

Let us know if this solved your issue.
Best Regards,
Paul
AT889

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #1916 by Jim Rendant
Paul,

There are 3 pieces of data critical to each product (photograph)
1. it's orientation
2. Its Width pulled from the exif data contained in the photograph
3. it's height also from the EXIF information

I obtain that information externally. The users do not enter that information I do. So, when creating the product, do I just enter those values insomwehere on the product page preloading specific variables?

I also calculate the MINIMUM and MAXIMUM image size which should be displayed on the product page but is also used for validation of the input into the calculator variable of WIDTH so if the input falls outside the MIN and MAX range and would display a warning message if the entered the incorrect value.

I sell large products for example an image 42x56. My images do not fall into the standard print sizes based on a 4x5 base dimension.

Thank you for youe quick responses.
Jim

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #1915 by Paul
Hello
What do you mean with "custom fields I create in WooCommerce"?
I mean, are you talking about custome fields that weren't created by our plugin? If you answer is yes, then answer is no. You should recreate those field with our plugin.
If you can't, write us what's the issue.
The variables that you would like to upload later won't be able to assign them to the calculator. I mean you can use the input fields (variables) that you create with our plugin.
So you should:

- Upload your images/products in woocommerce.
- Create your input/output fields in WPC.
- Create your calculator and bind it to your input/output fields and product.

I hope this answer your questions.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Best Regards,
Paul
AT889

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #1909 by Jim Rendant
Thank you for the GREAT information!

Can I use the custom fields I create in WooCommerce in the price calculator for calculation of the price? I would calculate my data in externally with excel except for a couple of calculations.
I am guessing this world improve overall performance of the page. I can batch upload into woocommerce (my thought although I have not tried that yet) the variables for each image and then assign the calculator to each product utilizing the variables contained within the product itself.

Are my assumptions correct?

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #1908 by Paul
Hello

Okay. I'll explain in few words how it works:
  1. Create your product and set a regular price (it can 0 also).
  2. Create your input fields (the fields filled by your users). So I guess these ones in your case: Orientation, ImageHeight, ImageWidth, Ratio, MediaType, PPI.
  3. Create your excel file with your input values, formulas and output values (ex. final price).
  4. Import your excel and map the input/output fields with your cells defined in your excel.
  5. Save your mapping
  6. Bind your product to the calculator and that's it.

So your file excel can have many formulas but it will calculate the final price of the single product. If other products have the same calculation then they can use the same calculator (and so the same excel). Take a look to our documentation and videos: altoswebsolutions.com/manual/woo-price-calculator/start
In regards to upload images you can use the standard procedure of woocommerce. I mean the excel is used only for calculations in this case (calculator creation), not for uploading products images.
In regards to your validating rule you will need this: altoswebsolutions.com/manual/woo-price-c...ced-validation-rules
Take a look at this to how use the output fields, in your case for "New Width": altoswebsolutions.com/manual/woo-price-c...ore-on-output-fields

We offer also a service to make all the configuration for you if you feel you can't do it by yourself: altoswebsolutions.com/services/tailored-support (It would be an extra cost).

So, let us know if this solved your issue or if you still have more questions.

Best Regards,
Paul
AT889

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #1907 by Jim Rendant
Jim Rendant created the topic: Batch processing of images data
Pure newbie here...
If I understanding it correctly the spreadsheet would be a single row of formulas used by Price Calculator. When attaching to a product my data as found in the attached spreadsheet would all be custom fields within woo commerce. (Purely a newbie)

I would like to upload bulk data into woocommerce and apply the calculator function and attach the images (media) already in the WP based on image name. Can I do this with your product?

FileName Orientation ImageHeight ImageWidth Ratio MediaType PPI Max width MaxHeight MinWidth MinHeight New Width New Height Price
20150801_082257.jpg Horizontal (normal) 1520 9184 6.042105263 42 253.7684211 42 11 66.46315789 0
A Broken Spoke #87.tif Horizontal (normal) 3040 2016 1.5 0 0
A Cluster of Lilies #23.tif Horizontal (normal) 2016 3040 1.5 0 0
A little daffy #84.tif Horizontal (normal) 3040 2016 1.5 0 0
A Touch of Green.tif Horizontal (normal) 7216 5412 1.33 0 0

My pricing is based on user inputting the width they would like and I calculate the width based on the image height to width ratio and as long as the entered width is <= the maxwidth it is ok to return a price or an error message if the entered width > MaxWidth.

Your help is greatly appreciated
Attachments:

Moderators: david
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Cart

Total : 0.00 €